Open Bids & RFPs
Due April 17, 2020
Due: April 28, 2020
Due: May 1, 2020
Job Openings Around Manasota
PepsiCo Beverages North America South Division:
Dollar Tree: www.dollartree.com/careers-stores
Pizza Hut: jobs.pizzahut.com
Papa John’s: jobs.papajohns.com
Grubhub Driver: Driver.GrubHub.com
Tyton Design & Development: If they have sewing abilities call 941-713-0115
Lost your job because of COVID-19?
WORKERS! If you lost your job because of COVID-19 and have not yet applied for Reemployment Benefits with the State of Florida, click here first. If you have applied for reemployment benefits please search JobFocus listings below. Your skills are needed in our region. YOUR SUCCESS MATTERS!
JobFocus – Your source for jobs in the Manatee and Sarasota region.
Employ Florida – Employ Florida links all of Florida’s state and local workforce services and resources through the partnership of the Department of Economic Opportunity and CareerSource Florida, Inc.
CareerSource Suncoast – Resources job seekers and employers. Serving Manatee and Sarasota Counties.
CareerEdge – Uses donated funds to create a skilled labor pool in the Manatee-Sarasota region and helps local employers upskill the talent they need. Programs include Private Funding Training Grants and an Internship Reimbursement Program.
Hiring Our Heroes – An initiative of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation. Nationwide effort to connect veterans, service members, and military spouses with meaningful employment opportunities.
Handshake – Platform for employers to connect with students seeking internships and employment. Colleges across the country use the program including USF Sarasota-Manatee, State College of Florida Sarasota-Manatee, New College and Ringling School of Art and Design.
Department of Revenue Office of the Executive Order
Keeping Workers Paid & Employed Act
Additional Ways to Apply for Reemployment Assistance!!
As many Floridians do not have access to a computer at this time, Governor DeSantis has instructed DEO to make paper Reemployment Assistance applications available for Floridians.
• Beginning this week, CareerSource locations across the state will be providing paper applications and assisting Floridians with submitting their Reemployment Assistance applications. Visit www.CareerSourceFlorida.com for information and center locations.
• FedEx is offering free printing and mailing of Reemployment Assistance paper applications at over 100 storefronts across the state.
• Applications can be downloaded at www.FloridaJobs.org/COVID-19. Once the application is complete, individuals should mail them to:
Florida Department of Economic Opportunity
P.O. Box 5350
Tallahassee, FL 32314-5350
Additionally, to make it easier for Floridians to receive Reemployment Assistance, Governor DeSantis waived:
• The waiting week, so individuals can claim their very first week of Reemployment Assistance.
• The work search and work registration requirements so individuals filing for Reemployment Assistance are not required to register in Employ Florida or submit information on a biweekly basis regarding the employers that they contacted each week while the state mitigates the spread of COVID-19.
DEO has worked with the Department of Management Services to dramatically enhance the capability of the online application system for Reemployment Assistance, CONNECT.
• DEO has installed 72 new servers from the state’s back up data center in Winter Haven to increase capacity. The system can now handle up to 120,000 simultaneous connections by individuals filing claims. This allows for greater capacity than the 20,000 simultaneous connections that the system has been experiencing recently.
• An additional 10 servers are being installed to assist the CONNECT system this week.
Want to post your jobs or bids with us? Send the information to firstname.lastname@example.org.